Regulations to Protect People, Animals and Power Lines:
- Cyclists and equestrians should give an audible warning when overtaking another user by calling out 'passing on the left'.
- Users should make an effort to stay to the right when traveling the Path.
- Cyclists should not travel at excessive speeds.
- Care should be given when approaching horses to avoid "spooking" them.
- Cyclists (really all users) should stay on the surfaced portion of the path and not damage native vegetation and landscaped areas.
- Cyclists should wear helmets at all times.
- Pets must be leashed and you must clean up after them.
- No motorized vehicles are allowed (county law). Power-assisted wheelchairs are allowed.
- No firearms, kites, or model airplanes.
- No hunting.
- No alcoholic beverages or controlled substances.
- We provide trash containers at many intersections - please use them.
- Camping is not allowed on the Path. The Path is adjacent to several county forest preserves. For camping information call the DuPage County Forest Preserve District, 630-790-4900, or Kane County Forest Preserve District, 630-232-5980.