Getting Involved: Become a Member
There are many reasons why you should join
The Illinois Prairie Path not-for-profit corporation.
Your tax-deductible contribution will be used for a number of worthwhile projects. In the past few years, contributions were used by the all-volunteer board to:
- Preserve, restore, and re-establish prairies along the trail.
- Install display cases (which contain trail maps and other trail information), mile markers, and benches.
- Provide free black-and-white trail maps to PATH users.
- Place and service trash barrels and comfort stations along the trail.
- Coordinate cleanups including the PATH’s annual Earth Day cleanup.
- Financially support other organizations’ efforts to improve the area’s trail system.
- Help fund the engineering design of a bridge planned for the Des Plaines River between Maywood and Forest Park in Cook County.
- Work with municipalities, counties, and the State of Illinois to promote trail awareness and improvements.
As a member, you can help establish policy by electing members to the board of directors and acting on corporate business at the annual meeting held on the first Sunday in November of each year.
- the Illinois Prairie Path Newsletter several times a year that features articles on PATH development, projects, events and other information of interest to trail users.
- the latest version of the Illinois Prairie Path multi-color trail map and notices of the annual meeting and other events.